Our Engineering and Project Management expertise make us the perfect partner for all your Migration requirements.
Successful migrations are foundational in KCI’s offerings. Whether you are migrating Legacy to Legacy, consolidating Legacies or moving from Legacy to Next Generation, we confidently deliver seamless migrations.
Our Engineering and Project Management expertise allow us to offer the following services:
- Class5 to Soft Switch
- TDM Switch Consolidations
- TDM/SONET to Ethernet/Packet
- DCS/Transport Consolidations
- SONET/SDH to ROADM
- SONET/SDH to OTN
- Custom Migrations
KCI: Intelligent, experience driven network transformation strategies.
Operations Support System Services
KCI Operations Support System Project Leads are full-time employees, and have a minimum of 15+ years supporting inventory databases across multiple service providers and have multi-vendor and technology experience including:
- Oracle TBS/Metasolv
All OSS work is done per the Customer’s defined standards and procedures. If required and requested, KCI will develop a plan to migrate from non-industry standard equipment and facility naming to Telcordia standard (CLLI’s, CLF, CLS, CLM, etc).
Full Network Surveys—Physical & Logical
KCI’s Field Services Organization performs complete physical audits of offices, while our Network Engineers remotely access the network elements for logical audits.
After a logical audit of the network elements and the OSS inventory system is completed, a true “as built” network is established and discrepancies are eliminated.
We are committed to the success of our Customers and therefore obligate ourselves to provide consistent, best-in-class Support and Service.
Overflow Support Programs
Free up your Engineers time, let KCI take care of your spikes in demand, while you take care of your BAU.
- Circuit Design
- Circuit Design Provisioning
- Inventory Design
- Inventory Design Updating
KCI never loses sight of the very important goal of cost savings on your company’s behalf.
Maintenance, Management and Optimization of Telecommunication Systems require expert attention which KCI is prepared to offer.
The ever increasing cost of these critical areas is the focus of intense scrutiny by KCI, we:
- Identify Off-Net and Disconnected facilities that are you are still paying for
- Identify facilities thought to be disconnected yet still remain in service
- Augment provisioning procedures to incorporate facilities triggered by temporary or transient events
- Identify under-utilized facilities that can be eliminated
- Review circuits and hardware for decommissioning
- Analyze current billing terms and conditions
KCI provides a dedicated resource to ensure that all necessary processes and resources have been identified and engaged to meet project deadlines—it’s all part of the quality that the process demands.
Experience that counts…
- KCI’s OSS Engineers have 1000s of hours of experience, and dozens of large scale OSS inventory updates and migrations across several Tier 1 and Tier 2 Telcos and MSOs. They have also been part of several Standards Committees and user groups providing expert consultation.
- Regional CLEC Migration from Remedy to MetaSolv — including leading a team that physically audited 18 Central Offices and documented all equipment and facilities to reconcile with new MetaSolv inventory while conforming to Telcordia standards.
- Migration of two merged CLEC service provider’s MetaSolv inventory databases into a single system while converting to Telcordia standards, streamlining all provisioning plans and equipment specs, and modeling.
- MSO network migration within Granite to include the physical and logical audits of their hub sites and routers. KCI prebuilt all new equipment and paths, and promoted to live environment throughout the migration process.
- Dozens of projects covering DCS/Transport and Switching equipment migrations requiring OSS equipment additions and circuit updates.
Dedicated Project Management
- KCI provides a dedicated resource to ensure that all necessary processes and resources have been identified and engaged to meet project deadlines — it’s all part of the quality that the process demands.